Sunday, October 14, 2007

Paragliding temptation


Yesterday by pure coincidence I ended up in San Diego Torrey Pines glideport where they practice hangliding and paragliding. It was an awesome spectacle to see all the paragliders in the sky, probably more than twenty of them as the wind seemed to be just perfect.

It reminded me of my honeymoon times in Rio de Janeiro where each of us got to do hangliding with an instructor over the beautiful "morros" and beach. The experience was so worth it, scary I have to admit, as the photos show, but nevertheless amazing. It was the closest I've ever been to being a bird and it really felt that way. When I landed happiness emotions were so strong that tears ran over my cheeks.




Paragliding seems like a softer experience, probably less risky for the untrained person and even posicionally it looks like the feeling should be more like you're back in the old times when humanity is discovering flying for the fist time, plus of course it seems to be a very unusual pleasant experience in itself.

This could be the perfect anniversary present for Edu and me, we'll see if we have the guts this time around ;)

No comments: