Thursday, October 11, 2007

Highway buddies


Every once in a while when driving on a highway I find another car that is in the same frequency that I am. Little by little as I go from line to line trying to optimize my driving (which means going as fast as I can without getting a ticket) I start to notice another car that finds the same strategies that I do and we start switching places in alternatively leading the way. I call them highway buddies, someone whom I know nothing about that makes me company for some time in the highway sharing the same driving patterns as well as driving goal. The funny part is that finding a highway buddy can make me experience deep happiness. Of course this is specially true when I'm driving under the California sky all blue and shinny, between the soft mountains that surround Temecula with no major worries in my head ;)

I guess the same thing is true in life itself, there's these friends or known people that just go along some periods of life, you don't know them much, you don't talk much but you share some time together and you're in sync. Temporarily you share a common goal and your strategy is similar so you feel this empathy and they even make you happy as you go around. Sometimes as in the highway case because of situations this is the most you'll get of some relationships and I still think it's worth it.

No comments: